Thursday, August 30, 2012

Growing uppp.

ADULT? Sure don't feel like it, but even more loving it. 



18. eighteen. adult. legal. reality. life. bills. money. experience. college. dreams. goals. new. safety. young. living. freedom. 

^ All the things that are crossing my mind as my life just get more and more real that i'm not just under the wing of my parents
Its what i want, its what I do
What i make it
where I take it
the people that I want to keep around
how i feel, IS HOW I FEEL. 
My word is just as equal as yours
& YOU CANT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. 
I'm learning & slowly catching on, but..
"you first must be young and stupid to be old & wise" 
And thats the most true statement I have ever heard at this level in my life. 

This week i made mint chocolate chip cookies,
YUM! I'll put the recipe below, EVERYONE LOVED THEM



If i could give advice to people around the age of freshman or so
even tho they probably wouldn't take it to heart as i'd wish
but i'd say that whole comment that
'mama is always right'
Listen to her, my mom continues to prove me wrong numerous times
i may be a little dumbfounded but jeez some things i wish i would have listened
ON EVERYTHING PEOPLE!
from boys....to what you should have for dinner.
( have i ever mentioned my moms my best friend, hero, mom & role model

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Pouch of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup of butter or margarine softened 
1/2 to a 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract 
8 drops of green food coloring 
1 egg
1 cup creme de menthe baking chips 
(we could not find them so we just used creme de menthe 
drink mix and they came out just fine but how
 ever you'd like to make them) 
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks 

-heat the over to 350 degree F 
-In a large bowl stir the cookie mix, butter, mint extract, food coloring and the egg
until soft dough forms, than stir in the chocolate & creme de menthe chips 
-Use a small spoon to drop dough on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (i covered
my cookie sheet with parchment paper, makes it easier to clean up)
-bake about 8-10 mins, check them at 8 minutes just to be sure than usually give them the other 2 minutes. 
ENJOY, there soooooo good EVERYONE loved them. 

Best friend / sister

Her birthday was on Wednesday the 29th but she is going to school on the other side of the state, about a 6 hour drive & i made that drive to surprise her at midnight on her birthday! 
She was beyond ecstatic, infact didn't even believe me the first couple minutes when told her i was almost there. 
I'm definitely the type of person that goes to the ends of the earth for a good friend
but there worth it, usually. 
We've been through everything & we've learned that we have so many stories people love to just sit down with us and say story time, well all the friends she made in college that i got to meet at least. its pretty funny actually :) 



A little taste of WASHINGTON
The picture above was taken at Lake crescent which is when your headed up north. Very far north towards the town of Forks
Some of you may know that town because it was where the film twilight was made

Last weekend I headed down to my close friend Allys house just to get away and have a girls night, as soon as i got there she wanted an adventure and decided were going to forks
LET ME REMIND YOU THAT ITS 10:30 PM! 
Well what the hell, were young so we got in my little truck and head out on our 4 hour drive 

We got on a ferry
crossed a bridge & drove in the pitch black for a few hours
but we finally arrived at around 3 am
this trip was last minute
No plans, no where to sleep
sooooo hello bed of my truck, rest area & a shit ton of blankets
It was actually soooo comfortable

When we woke up we found that about 4 other cars around us had people sleeping in them
that was sort of a relief
but i loved how random, out of nowhere and just a memory it was

SO LET ME GUESS, most of your right now are thinking ya the pictures
pretty bla bla but washington is always rainy and cold and stuff
but lately the weather has been in the 70s and even when its cool its just a gorgeous area filled with the trees, evergreen, lakes, ocean, mountains 
it basically has it all & me being from the south i absolutely love some heat 
but being gone all summer to Texas and Virginia it was soooo nice to see mountains and green again
THSI IS DEFINATELY HOME.
...wait till you see my college when i move in


Me and my friend with another friends puppy, she has about six of them
 I LOVE BEING YOUNG. I NEVER WANT TO GROW UP.

Another post from me, sorry i'm not daily, but hey i'm young and got a life
take care god bless & let your life flow and take what it throws at you & be smart :)

Linsey




















No comments:

Post a Comment